Sunday, February 21, 2016

"Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life."
 Bill Cunningham
These past few weeks have been quite busy what with work and my adventure partner busy with school, so discovering new places hasn't been an option as of late. After a long work week for me, I decided that on my one day off this week to make a spontaneous trip up to the city to explore an area aside from the touristy Pier areas and the Westfield mall. Therefore, off to Mission District we went.


While we were on Bart, Christine (my BFF, soulmate, and adventure partner) and I discussed what to eat once we got there. Going through Yelp, we discovered a plethora of Mexican restaurants in Mission District, but we decided we were feeling Thai. I can honestly, 10 out of 10, recommend Krua Thai on 16th Street to anyone looking for a cheap, but amazing Thai fix. The place is not huge, but it's lovely inside and the bathroom is probably the nicest bathroom I have ever been in the presence of. Oh, and the food is amazing and we both got our food within 10 minutes of ordering. Slightly unfortunately for us it started raining pretty bad outside, but not even the rain can stop an adventure.
Stuff I realized I should really invest in: waterproof makeup. Fortunately, my hat protected my makeup from streaming down my face and the direction to this beautiful graffiti filled alley was with the rain. If you're in this district, perhaps trying Krua Thai, all you have to do is walk down the street and you will eventually find Clarion Alley. It is art and it is magnificent.
We walked all over this district-- from the BART station, to Krua Thai, to Clarion Alley, to Bi-Rite Creamery, to Dolores Park, to Castro Street, then all the way down to Bart over at Westfield Mall. For a solid two hours of our walking time, it was raining quite a bit. I woke up this day with the mentality of matching my outfit to the gloom: white and black. Luckily for me, the outfit I pulled together was cute, fashionable, comfortable, and kept my body dry while it rained. Life happens, it's important to be invested in fashion that will be prepared for the unexpectedness that comes with life.

Outfit Deets:
  • Tops: Jacket is sold out, similar x, x
    • Shirt (only available in black) x, x, x
  • Bottoms: Levi's 711 
  • Shoes: Adidas Samoa
  • Accessories: Hat
Here's a little extra from Friday<3














Until next week, 
xoxo Raebae

No comments:

Post a Comment