Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Treat Yo'Self


"When you can, it's good to make healthy choices. But, I also believe in balance. It's not about being 100 percent this way or that way. It's about making healthy choices when you can."
 Miranda Kerr 

I decided on Monday to take a break from adventuring this week because not only has the weather come back to rain on my parade, but I've come down with a severe cold. I took this opportunity of sickness and gloomy weather to embrace the lazier side of my closet and comfort myself up while I was out and about.

In all honesty, I'm not the healthiest girl in the world--  I eat Wingstop maybe once every two weeks and go to Philz Coffee almost every other day. But as of lately, I have been struggling hard with my weight. My issue may not seem major to others (I have been told that I'm just complaining and this is not a real problem) but to me, it is a real struggle. No matter how much food I stuff into my face, I can not stop losing weight. At first, it was fine because I had just gotten out of a relationship and being in a relationship tends to make people gain a few excess pounds, but eventually, what I had lost had far exceeded my normal weight. Again, this may not seem like a problem to most, but when someone owns as many clothes as I do, losing weight and not being able to fit in all of my investments is beyond frustrating. My solution: eat all the junk food I could get my hands on. The result: I was still losing weight but had less energy and felt sluggish 24/7. A few weeks ago, I came to a realization: putting all my effort into one method of gaining weight will never work for me. Instead, I decided to follow the words of Miranda Kerr and "balance". I do try to eat healthy for the most part; I enjoy broccoli, cauliflower, and avocados and I plan on continuing to eat those, but when my cravings (like my time o' the month milkshake needs) hit, I shall allow myself to indulge.









In my opinion, it is 100% healthy to indulge every once in a while, to let yourself live a little and to perhaps drink that decadent milkshake, or buy that new shade of Urban Decay lipstick. My problem with my weight was that I was always doing an extreme, either eating really healthy or indulging far too much. What is really important when it comes to indulgence is the balance.Whenever I allow myself to indulge, I balance by restricting myself in one area or make myself work extra hard in another. A few examples:

  1.  I bought a pair of $80 shoes. For two weeks after that, I did not allow myself to tempt myself by banning window shopping and had a spending allowance of maximum $5 a day.
  2. I enjoy working out when I have the time. After I had My Milkshake the other day, I set up a schedule for the next two weeks consisting of scheduled squats (the first day was planned at 60 squats, and in two weeks, my last day will have about 160 squats).
Maybe you checks and balances will be far different than mine, and hopefully they are since my decisions seem to may not always be the healthiest, but a balanced indulgence system is something to consider.
Hopefully next week I will be back to exploring the world and will have better pictures to post!

Outfit Deets:

P.S. I 100% recommend trying My Milkshake in downtown San Jose at least once. Customized milkshake places are delicious and is an indulgence you will nor regret. 
Treat yo'self
-Raebae <3






No comments:

Post a Comment